Types of movements covered in Bellows Expansion Joints design.
• Centerline remains in its original position.
• Expansion joint length increases/decreases only in in the direction of centerline
• Centerline moves at a certain degree with respect to its original position
• Flange faces stay parallel to each other
• Centerline creates an arc while the flanges create angle to each other.
• Expansion joint length increases/decreases as per the curvature of arc
• The flange/bellow movement rotates in opposite direction with respect to each other.
• Flange faces stay parallel to each other.
• Expansion joints are not designed for these movements.
Sample design sheet